Faculty of Health Sciences - Professional Nursing Integrated Practicum - UOIT 13-382
Competition Number: UOIT 13-382
Faculty of Health Sciences
Position Title: Clinical Sessional Lecturer
Number of Positions: 4+
Course Name and Number: NURS 4701U – Professional Nursing Integrated Practicum
Course start date: January 6, 2014
Course end date: May 2, 2014
Appointment Type: Limited Term
Salary Level: Remuneration in accordance with collective agreement
Posting Date: October 16, 2013
Closing Date: October 30, 2013
Job summary: To provide instruction to graduate and/or undergraduate students in NURS4701U-Professional Nursing Integrated Practicum
Nature of work: In keeping with a technology-enhanced learning environment utilizing laptop computers and wireless connectivity, the successful candidate will be expected to utilize a technology-enhanced learning approach to deliver course material. This position will report to the Director of the Nursing Program, Dr. Sue Coffey.
Responsibilities/accountabilities: Clinical Sessional Lecturers will provide indirect supervision of upper level nursing students in a practicum setting.
Clinical instructors will be assigned groups of approximately 13 students, In addition to supporting students through evaluating learning plans and written submissions, clinical instructors are required to make a minimum of 2 site visits for each student to evaluate student performance in the clinical setting, plus completion of written mid-term and final evaluations.
Qualifications: Preferred candidates will have demonstrated excellence in clinical practice and in teaching undergraduates in a clinical setting. Knowledge of and experience with cooperative learning strategies, nursing theories and the humanistic/caring paradigm of E. Bevis and J. Watson is preferred.
- A proven track record in his/her ability to provide effective feedback orally and in written form relative to performance appraisals
- A proven track record as an effective problem-solver, in conflict resolution and advocacy
- Knowledge of and experience with cooperative learning strategies, nursing theories and the humanistic/caring paradigm of E. Bevis and J. Watson
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing (BScN). Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a Master of Nursing degree or who are currently enrolled in a Master of Nursing program
- Successful candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years of recent clinical experience in clinical nursing education
- RN in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR certificate-HCP or level C certification
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting competition UOIT 13-382 and their name in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until October 30, 2013. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Priority will be given to a Sessional Lecturer (SL) who has taught any course at UOIT in 3 different sessions in the past 36 months, provided he/she meets the requirements for this position.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.