Faculty of Science - Forensic Chemistry - UOIT 13-409
Competition Number: UOIT 13-409
Faculty of Science
Number of Positions: 1
Position Title: Sessional Lecturer
Appointment Type: Limited Term
Course Name and Number: Forensic Chemistry - FSCI 3040
Course Start Date Winter – January 2014
Course End Date: Winter – April 2014
Location of Class: North Oshawa location
Salary Level: Will commensurate in accordance with collective agreement
Posting Date: October 24, 2013
Closing Date: November 7, 2013
Job summary: To provide instruction to undergraduate students in FSCI 3040 (Forensic Chemistry) – Winter 2014.
Nature of work: In keeping with a technology-enhanced learning environment utilizing laptop computers and wireless connectivity, the successful candidate will be expected to utilize a technology-enhanced learning approach to deliver course material. This position will report to Dean of Science.
Responsibilities/accountabilities: The Sessional Lecturer will be responsible for the preparation, delivery and grading of all course material and assignments. The Sessional Lecturer will be available for consultation with students during and following completion of the course session.
Qualifications: Preferred candidates will have a demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduates and a minimum of a Master's degree in a relevant field. Preference will be given to those with a Ph. D. degree, and/or specialist qualifications in the related area.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including basics (Windows environment), office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and BlackBoard
- Ability to teach courses using laptops (or tablets)
- Graduate degree (MSc or PhD) in Analytical Chemistry or a related field
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of the application of chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques to forensic science
- Courtroom and expert witness testimony experience preferred
- Use of learning management systems (Blackboard)
- Use of laptops/tablets in the classroom is an asset
- Teaching and working with students
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting competition UOIT 13-409 and their name in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until November 7, 2013. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Priority will be given to a Sessional Lecturer (SL) who has taught any course at UOIT in 3 different sessions in the past 36 months, provided he/she meets the requirements for this position.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.