Faculty of Education - L’apprentissage en francais (Winter) - UOIT 13-337
Faculty of Education
Competition Number: UOIT 13-337
Number of Positions: 1 or more
Position Title: Sessional Lecturer
Appointment Type: Limited Term
Course Name and Number: EDUC 3441U L’apprentissage en francais (Winter)
Course Start Date: Winter – January 6, 2014
Course End Date: Winter – April 11, 2014
Location of Class: Downtown Campus
Salary Level: Will commensurate in accordance with collective agreement
Posting Date: September 24, 2013
Closing Date: October 1, 2013
Job summary: To provide instruction to undergraduate students in the Bachelor of Education Program.
Nature of work: In keeping with a technology-enhanced learning environment utilizing laptop computers and wireless connectivity, the successful candidate will be expected to utilize a technology-enhanced learning approach to deliver course material. This position will report to Dr. Wendy Barber, B.Ed. Program Director.
Responsibilities/accountabilities: The Sessional Lecturer will be responsible for the preparation, delivery and grading of all course material and assignments. The Sessional Lecturer will be available for consultation with students during and following completion of the course session.
Qualifications: Preferred candidates will have a demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduates and normally a minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- A clear understanding of Teacher Education
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member
- An understanding of how to deal with Bachelor of Education students and student issues.
- An understanding of how to appropriately and effectively evaluate B.Ed. student performance
- A demonstrated ability to coach students in the B.Ed. Program
- Normally a minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience in working in a Bachelor of Education Program
- Experience in teaching L’apprentissage en francais in a B.Ed. Program
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting competition UOIT 13-337 and their name in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until October 1, 2013. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Priority will be given to a Sessional Lecturer (SL) who has taught any course at UOIT in 3 different sessions in the past 36 months, provided he/she meets the requirements for this position.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.