Human Resources - Administrative Assistant, Departmental - UOIT14-08
Competition Number: UOIT14-08
Posting Date: February 4, 2014
Closing Date: February 10, 2014
Position Title: Administrative Assistant, Departmental
Faculty or Department: Human Resources
Level: Administrative/Technical 3
Appointment Type: Continuing
The HR Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Human Resources and other Human Resources team members. This position will also act as the main contact for employee data to ensure the integrity of the HRIS database.
Provide administrative support to the Director of Human Resources and members of the Human Resources team.
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries/requests from employees, students and the community
- Coordinate office activities, troubleshoot or escalate office administration issues
- Provide Letters of Employment and Employment Verifications
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Prepare materials and agendas for team meetings
- Send communication/messages on behalf of Director using Employee Distribution Lists
- Book rooms, manage board room calendars, meetings and interviews as requested
- Distribute mail and send courier packages
- Act as attendance keeper for HR team members
- Support Director and team members with administrative duties including the completion of letters and forms
- Provide administrative support and assistance to the Senior Executive Assistant to the VP, HR and Services
Process, verify, and administer documentation and data in HRIS related to new employment contracts and changes to existing employment contracts, and attendance management.
- Maintain employee files, gather new employee information, enter employee data change information
- Provide support to faculties and departments for HRIS data entered into Banner through the Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) process
- Provide assistance in troubleshooting and responding to queries from department and faculty administrators about EPAF contract administration
- Act as liaison with Payroll for new employment contract administration in HRIS and verify data entered into EPAF
- Investigate discrepancies thoroughly and make recommendations to appropriate parties to resolve any issues
- Maintain and update record keeping functions and make recommendations on procedures
- Coordinate centralized Attendance Management system and reporting and act as support to faculty and department attendance keepers
Provide assistance and support to HR team members and contribute to various Human Resources project initiatives and projects as required.
Qualifications include a related Diploma or Degree and a minimum of three years of Human Resources and office experience. A CHRP designation is an asset. Must possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure while managing priorities. Strong background in excel and v-lookup process for data validation and experience with mapping processes between computer systems is also important. Experience with HRIS databases and in particular experience with the HR module in Banner is preferred. Must have experience and be able to demonstrate ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner. Very good interpersonal and communications skills are essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting competition UOIT14-08 and their name in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until February 10, 2014 or until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.